Thursday, October 18, 2012

Happy Birthday To My Better Half!

Tuesday was my lovers 26th birthday. My determination to PAR-TAY almost came back to bite me in the butt. Even though we both still had work and school, I had awesome birthday plans up my sleeve. Like I said, I was ready to Par-tay. My itinerary for the birthday boy was as follows: Wake up early to make his favorite breakfast in bed (omelets), let him open his presents, take him cafe rio for lunch, go to my class in SLC then meet up after his class and drive to Draper together. Once we are in Draper, I planned to take him classic skating where I could really knock his socks off once he sees the surprise party I planned for him.
Though that was a great plan, It was not what REALLY happened that day:

The birthday boy woke up at 5 in the morning to go to the gym (why did I not expect this? I mean, I thought he would maybe sleep in just this once cause it is his birthday. But, I should of known that was not the case...goodbye to breakfast in bed). Once we returned from the gym,  I started making him an omelet because that is his favorite, but I totally spaced the fact that mixing protein powder and eggs early in the morning is not a good combo for is stomach(fail). He had oatmeal instead haha. Later that day I took him a yummy lunch and headed off to class. Once I got out of class, I whipped out my phone and saw that he had called me a bizillion times because he decided to skip out on class and drive to SLC to surprise me! Although I was so excited,  I started stressing out because how in the world was going to kill 5 hours before we could show up to Classic? After brainstorming, I came up with just the perfect idea to take him to Sports Authority and the mall. I knew I could kill lots of time helping him spend his birthday cash. Plus, the mall is a easy place to stall and I knew Chase wouldn't mind. We ended up having a complete blast just getting to spend the whole day together. Time completely FLEW by. Once seven rolled around I knew he was in for a treat! We pulled up to classic, walked in and around the corner... when all of a sudden everyone jumped out and yelled SURPSRISE!! It was perfect and Chase's reaction was priceless. I knew that I had gotten him REEEAL, real good.

We spent the rest of the night with our friends and family old school style by skating, dancing, eating, singing and getting our snowball on. We all had such a good time. I'm pretty sure I scored a couple wife points because his birthday party turned out to be a complete SUCCESS! (Cha-Ching!)
Thank you to everyone who came to celebrate Chase's special day! It meant the world to both of us.  We have the BEST friends and family in the entire world. (Special thanks to my mom & dad xoxo)


 

Happy Birthday to the man that sometimes makes my heart want to pop right out of my chest. I love you so much. I hope your birthday was a special one. xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment